Living with an alcoholic is a far cry from what girls dream of dreaming of their wedding day. It's hard to imagine someone voluntarily living "happily ever after" with an alcoholic, enduring his aggression or complaining about life, cleaning up behind him, taking care of him, feeling disgusting and ashamed of his behavior in front of neighbors, co-workers, or relatives. It is no surprise that an alcoholic's marriage falls apart if nothing is going to get him over his drinking desire. However, there are brave women who fight to the end for the family, taking many measures against the drunk, the same goals - to keep the husband from drinking, to discourage him from ruining. his life (both him and his loved one) from addiction to drunken drinks.
The first thing to do is to try to convince him. If the craving for alcohol involves issues outside of the family - with work, career, friends, and if the alcoholism hasn't gone too far, he can easily stop, when he gets support. household of relatives.
A constructive dialogue should only be initiated after careful preparation and taking into account certain rules:
- you cannot speak to a person until he has returned to a proper state and reasonable arguments can be understood;
- do not try to persuade an alcoholic when he is going through a "drunkenness" of intoxication;
- should not try to incite pity or, conversely, to scare someone who is drinking (even in a state of alertness), usually that attention is needed;
- you can intimidate a drunkard, but it is important to be prepared for this threat implementation;
- Before starting a conversation, you should consult a physician so that alcoholics, if you wish, can immediately go to the clinic for treatment.
If the wife proves that the husband who is drinking needs to seek help, to persuade him to at least try to change his life, this man will have a chance. This can also be helped by creating a so-called "motivational list". You can work together to come up with a number of reasons why quitting alcoholism is not only easy, but also beneficial. For example:
- to win your children's respect;
- to save money on a big shopping or vacation for a month;
- to research something new instead of getting drunk or starting a career.
The reason for each could be personal. You can motivate for hobbies, such as playing sports or playing with a car in the garage, the main thing is that he spends all his spare time on this and doesn't drink or do bad things. You may need the help of a psychotherapist.
When persuasion is not answered
Dialogue, accusations, pleading - in most cases this is not enough to awaken conscience.It is very rare to prove to a drinker that his lifestyle is destructive, because even if he believes in it, his strength to fight alcohol addiction may notenough. Instead, traditional medicine and folk remedies are the best remedies.
Industrial pharmacological drugs are designed to induce a sense of alcohol rejection in drinkers, they can cause an aversion to drinking alcohol, its appearance, taste and smell. Just mixing a similar medicine with an alcoholic, adding it to food or adding it to a drink is enough, and if he drank more vodka or even beer, he would feel bad immediately. Drugs with such effect contain an active substance (either disulfiram, or cyanamide), which interferes with the normal process of ethyl alcohol processing, causing an accumulation of metabolic products in the blood and as a resultpersistent intoxication and hangover symptoms. And a person who has been sick at least once after alcohol poisoning will have an aversion to alcohol for a long time. If you add a similar medicine (Esperal tablets, Kolme drops and their analogues) to an intoxicated person, you can get him to think twice before taking another dose of alcohol.
Once the drug is working, another attempt can be made to convince an alcoholic of treatment by describing the benefits of the drug treatment clinic:
- continuous monitoring of health status;
- psychological support, especially important to prevent relapses;
- supports qualifying for the recovery of internal organs damaged by ethyl alcohol abuse.
Treatment in the hospital under the supervision of a narcologist is the best anti-alcohol therapy, practically does not fail.
Alternative anti-binge drugs are even more clever in ways to stop sick people from drinking. Traditional methods suggest preparing decoctions and infusions that have the same effect as official drugs, they say about completely original remedies:
- green bugs - you can throw 4 bugs into the wine glass to cause unpleasant odors and tastes, and thus aversion to alcohol itself;
- pepper - you can persuade a person to give up drinking with the help of tincture (3 drops per liter of wine), made from hot red peppers (crushed, 20 gr. ), filled withalcohol (500 ml) and infusion for two weeks;
- birch smoke - you can ask to breathe the smoking birch logs, then offer alcohol, then you will be hostile towards alcohol products.
It is important to understand that treatment without the supervision of a specialist, even with traditional, folk methods, must be carried out with extreme caution, otherwise a personcan not only be averse to drinking and not want to drink anymore, but can also cause serious health problems.
Final stage of the struggle
When all the methods of fighting were exhausted, there was only one last resort: to scare her husband to break up if he did not end the relationship. Also, it's important for the wife of a drunkard:
- be ready to execute your threat without much warning (1-2 times is enough);
- earnestly left her husband, not arousing pity and making him ask for forgiveness;
- does not believe in promises, oaths and tears;
- embarked on the job quickly and hard - if the house belongs to the drinking husband, you need to take out your belongings when he is away and leave with the children for a while;
- does not return to the drunk until he has actually demonstrated that he has started treatment.
You should not go back to your alcoholic husband if the situation of leaving and coming back doesn't appear the first time: sooner or later he understands that the wife really can't leave him, even if he does. how drunk to drink.
To get rid of alcohol indoors, not to let drinking occupy an important place in the party, to "kick" untrusted friends out of the house. . . . All of this is much easier to do than later "poison" your spouse by means of an aversion to ethyl alcohol. A positive example is a good reason to be given that no one in the family drinks alcohol.