Alcoholism is a dangerous disease that reduces the will and disturbs people's psychology. So drunk people should be treated like sick people and nothing else. It must be remembered that there will be no stopping an alcoholic from fighting, convincing and rage. This can only be done at the expense of effort and autonomy. When taking action, the wife must be ready for a tough fight, because it is not easy for her husband to quit drinking
When women are addicted to alcohol, the situation gets worse. Husbands and children, relatives of alcoholics should understand that persuading women is much more difficult than men. As a rule, addicts firmly deny that there is a problem, consider themselves perfectly healthy and do not want to change anything. To her, the treatment seemed meaningless, and she took all the persuasion and advice of a loved one as a personal insult.
Important! This article will discuss how to get a person to quit drinking without going to a court or mental hospital. If the drunk person shows signs of psychosis or is threatening to others, seek outside help as soon as possible.
How to talk to an alcoholic
It is difficult to force an alcoholic to see a specialist, casual conversations or ultimatum requests cannot be addressed here. You need to choose a certain way of talking, have patience and patience. For this, autobiographers-psychotherapists recommend adhere to certain recommendations.
Wait until "X". It would be futile to talk about treating a drunkard, because in such a state he is very satisfied with his life and does not see the real problem. In the morning after drinking, you should not initiate a similar conversation either, because in a state of hangover, the alcoholic will agree to every argument and promise all you want to hear from him. .
It is also important that the conversation will take place in which tone. The main thing is to deny the accusations and blame, this will only aggravate the situation and subconsciously the patient will turn against you. Do not raise your voice, it is better to speak calmly, as alcohol severely disrupts the structure of the nervous system, so the conversation can easily evolve into another or even worsephysical strength of the drinker.
How to influence an alcoholic
Convince a drunk that alcoholism is a problem not only for him, but also for the environment. To do this, the loved one will have to be patient, endure, and also find an approach to find out how to help the loved one quit drinking alcohol.
It is impossible to convince an excited and satisfied alcoholic with such a lifestyle to quickly quit. Not suitable to conduct an educational conversation in hangover syndrome. In such a state, the patient will not pay attention to persuasion, although he will make various promises to end the conversation as soon as possible and take a sparing dose of alcohol.
It is better to start a conversation when a drunk is dealing with the negative consequences of a "drunk" drink. It could be:
- car wrecked;
- fired from work;
- family problem.
You cannot succeed with accusations and reprimands. So getting a drinker on the right track won't work, even if you really want to. To get the intoxicated person to the attention of persuasion, here are a few tips:
- a person should speak to an alcoholic in a calm manner, without raising his voice. Don't scream, as such actions by a loved one can cause an unpleasant reaction in the intoxicated person. This is explained by the fact that alcoholics have an unstable nervous system, and this is more likely to occur with scuffing or beating;
- When talking to an addict, it is important to act with confidence and with determination that you are right. This will help the other party understand the severity of the situation and the certainty of the other person's opinion;
- does not need to cry and mourn a life that has failed at the fault of an alcoholic. These actions will also not yield positive results;
- need not pressure the patient with empty threats. If you promise to do something if the drunk continues, then you must make an ultimatum.
If either husband or wife drinks alcohol?
The stress in the family due to the abuse of alcohol by one of the couple was not a reason for him to be forced to quit.
This is strictly prohibited by law and can cause significant harm to the health of alcoholics, especially if, without prior consent and consultation of a doctor, add medicationsBased on toxic disulfiram in food.
Drunk mothers or wives should not repeat the most common women's mistakes:
- First of all, you need to realize that a drunk cannot be trusted. His 100th promise to break up with alcohol is a legend.
- Cannot be threatening smoothly, if your words are not supported by your actions, it is better not to pronounce them. They persuade alcoholics not to get punished.
- Insulting your spouse is not acceptable, you need to awaken inside him feeling guilty about his next absurd trick (wasting money, going home late).
- Instead of impossible threats, you can induce fear of imminent death in a drunk person, pointing to his health symptoms, characteristic ofthe likelihood of developing cirrhosis or cancer.
- It is important to stop protecting the drunk person from the criticism of others, which will definitely cause shame and a sense of regret.
- Need to limit the drinker to family money, not give a penny of alcohol.
- Find out the reasons for being drunk, especially when it comes to women. Without eliminating the addiction, you can't get rid of it.
Motivation for a sober lifestyle
Hoping to save a family can convince an alcoholic to quit.
In order to motivate an alcoholic to fight the green snake, it is necessary to impart to him all the benefits of a sober life, what benefits await him after quitting. There are many different motives.
You can focus on family happiness, as alcohol abuse almost always leads to family breakdown. Hoping to save the family can convince alcoholics to stop drinking. Until alcoholism becomes negligent, every effort should be made to communicate to the patient the need for treatment.
You can try talking about the drinker's health. Explain to him that you are really concerned that you have noticed how bad his health was. There are no blasphemy and swearing, to explain that stomach problems, blood pressure, heart disorders - all of which arise from the abuse of alcohol.
If someone in the past yearned to work and loved the job, then you can try to put pressure on this factor. Drinking people always have difficulty at work, from simply firing to firing according to the article of "alcoholism". If this happens, it is almost impossible for one person to find a regular job. Gently remind your spouse what to dream about when he's not drinking, how he plans his career.
Without certain motivation, quitting alcoholism is almost impossible. An addict should understand why he needs to break up with an addiction and what privileges this will bring him. He should consciously want to quit his job for something important, and not do it to the liking of his family.
When talking to an alcoholic husband, try to convey the idea that you are concerned about his deteriorating health. It is important to calmly explain that during drunkenness, a person experiences negative changes in appearance:
- beer belly;
Alcoholics have also been told about changes in personality and behavior. You can compare the health status of a drunk at the time of a healthy lifestyle with the current state of mind. Try to evaluate the changes that have occurred with the patient and convince them of the usefulness of treatment.
Alcoholism is a destructive tool in family relationships, often leading to divorce. Until a person is drunk or addicted to a terminal illness has the opportunity to save his family. Attempts should be made to persuade the drinker to need treatment if the drunk stops serving:
- passive in relationship with husband / wife;
- is not interested in children;
- is not concerned with the material well-being of the family;
- is very aggressive.
Tries to convince the patient that he is loved by the family. The main thing in this matter is to be calm, not to blame, to convey the idea of the need for treatment.
Finding a new job under such circumstances is not easy. Even if this is successful, the job will be underpaid and unskilled. To help an alcoholic in this situation, it is necessary to persuade him to change his lifestyle, citing the reason that his life has changed for the worse since the beginning of alcohol abuse. Without motivation, the drunk person cannot be easily persuaded to seek treatment. It is important that the drinker understands that he needs it.
Can a person stop drinking alcohol on their own?
We want to warn you: self-treatment for alcoholics rarely works. Sometimes with the help of courage and willpower, this can happen if the dependence on alcohol has not reached the physical stage. The basis for giving up addiction is the desire to save the family, get a job, have a position in society, and another goal, the achievement that will be a reward for the efforts made. To help yourself, you should start implementing a reasonable diet, jogging, bathing weekly.
To combat alcoholism, folk remedies and medications are widely used. Both options have pros and cons. They are often done when it is impossible to convince a guy to drink alcohol, his husband or a son about the harmful effects of this habit. There are medicinal and folk remedies that cause an aversion to alcohol. They are harmless, not addictive or toxic to the body. They contain substances that are completely incompatible with alcohol. They are added to the drinker's drink or food.
After drinking alcoholic beverages, they will cause an unpleasant reaction to the body: vomiting, nausea, dizziness, etc. v. The most popular folk remedies are:
- thyme broth;
- ram broth;
- St. John's wort sharp.
An interesting way to persuade others to give up alcohol has existed since ancient times - dung mushroom. Fungi contain a substance that stops the conversion of ethyl alcohol into acetaldehyde. If you eat mushrooms and drink alcohol, the patient will develop severe poisoning symptoms. Our grandmothers in this manner unnoticed their husbands from alcohol. But in modern practice, it is better not to use such methods, especially when medicine has made long strides.
How to quit drinking - the right motivation
In order to convince an alcoholic of treatment, develop communication strategies:
- stops feeling sorry and covers up the drinker. Don't expect alcoholics to stop drinking on their own. This approach of the nanny, who solves his problem, benefits the alcoholic, as a result he will not stop drinking, but he will get rid of everyday troubles;
- you cannot constantly cause trouble with a drunk person, so as not to push him towards a happy lifestyle. It must be understood that hysteria and unnecessary discussions about alcohol use aggravate the problem, for after the next scandal, the drunk will strive harder for the bottle;
- when dealing with a dependent, please observe the calm and calmness. During the moment of enlightenment, alcoholics talk about healing a bad habit and about rehabilitation. Called storytellers at home;
- you need to support the drinker's desire to stay awake, demonstrate the joys of healing, try to find them new hobbies, new goals in life.
Only a few possible exceptions in this order:
- the patient is dangerous to himself and others;
- an alcoholic who has lost the ability to take care of himself;
- The drunk person's mental state is very serious, without medical intervention he will die.
Many people are interested in the question of whether or not to really save a loved one from an addiction. After the patient was admitted to the compulsory hospital, measures were taken to prevent the fever, after which the patient was discharged and transferred home. Reality shows that the patient, even after the severe consequences of drinking alcohol, will resume the old habit.
It is worth noting that it is not possible to secretly cure alcoholics. Usually, those close to the patient seek the help of traditional healers, spiritualists, and other unique methods. Any means and action to recover an alcoholic without his consent are not only useless but also fatal.
Also, the doctor will conduct an examination. Developing a strategy for holistic treatment of your patient will allow you to purposefully reach your goals. It will not be possible to cure a drunkard during a session or medical manipulation. In this regard, first of all, it is necessary to identify the cause of the alcohol abuse.
How should you treat an alcoholic in order for him to agree to therapy?
If a person denies being addicted to a "green snake", he needs to convince otherwise. How does one persuade an alcoholic to receive treatment so that he understands the problem that exists? To do this, you need to seriously talk to him, and the conversation should be conducted with a sober person. What you need to pay attention to:
- People who drink alcohol often have memory problems. What to remember are unpleasant life events that he has forgotten.
- The desire to take a sip of an alcoholic drink arises quite often and for no reason. It was necessary to explain to him that for ordinary people, problems at work or at home would not cause a drunkenness.
- Need to understand the feeling of an alcoholic when awake. Frustration and emptiness are some of the signs of addiction. He needs to be very aware of this.
- Alcoholics lose control and often don't know the standards. Because of this, one is often intoxicated.
The conversation must take place once. This should be done when the alcoholic is in a mood to talk. For example, the day before he ruined something and committed a crime. Each argument should be made with absolute confidence. You cannot speak loudly, emphasize pity, use threats.
Alcoholics often behave inappropriately during drunkenness. Furthermore, such cases are completely forgotten and "thrown out of memory". In order for him to see himself from one side of these moments, evidence can be recorded. The drinker will not like what he saw, have to draw conclusions and agree to treatment.
Behavior to adjust a drunkard:
- does not present threats that you cannot take;
- hint at your loved one's bad behavior when he's drunk;
- always showed confidence in his ability to quit drinking;
- understand to loved ones that this disease is the cause of everything, can and should be fought;
- does not solve the drinking problem.
Tell us how difficult it is to see a drunken person, how annoying it is to hear strangers talk about an alcoholic's antics. He has to realize that those close to him suffer from addictions to him.
All problems arising from drunkenness must be corrected by the alcoholic himself. Paying off debts is done during a drink, reconciling with relatives, condescending the boss - all of this is at the discretion of the perpetrator.
Any good reason to quit can be given. Family happiness is a strong argument for starting treatment.
Recently, many experts have come to the conclusion that alcoholism is a disease. How to justify this statement and persuade start treatment:
- Diagnosis. Any illness has symptoms, including alcoholism. It is manifested in irresistible cravings for alcohol, behavioral changes, a refusal to crave strong drinks.
- Chemical addiction. Because of her, a person begins to abuse alcohol. Everyone has problems at home and at work, but only dependents get drunk because of it.
- Progression of the disease. The development of alcoholism follows a predictable scenario. Finally, in the end a person is transformed.
- Alcoholism is a chronic disease. So a person who hasn't been drinking for many years will break a glass of vodka.
- The result is death. If treatment is not started in time, the patient will die before the prescribed time. The cause is usually concomitant diseases: cirrhosis, heart attack, cardiomyopathy and other diseases.
Alcoholism treatment takes a long time. You need to be patient and not give up under any circumstances. Some work towards coding, which helps many people addicted. The main thing is one person understands a simple fact - he is absolutely forbidden to drink alcoholic beverages. It was an addiction that returned even after drinking a few grams of alcohol. So, for such people, sanity should become the standard.
How to find the cause of alcoholism
The treatment of alcoholism becomes meaningless in two cases: if a person is satisfied with everything and he wants to drink more, or he has a good reason to seek some solace. drink alcohol. If the trigger was removed, it would be much easier to cure alcohol addiction. It is possible that he will give up alcohol without coding.
Usually the causes of chronic binge drinking are pretty obvious, so they can be identified without much difficulty. As a rule, alcoholics themselves will call them while having a secret conversation. If you can't ask him questions on your own, then you can get help from a psychologist. An expert will find out why a person is not satisfied with his or her life, and will give necessary advice.
The most common causes of alcoholism:
- uninteresting, boring or excess free time;
- continuous drinking with friends, relatives or colleagues, gradually developing into alcoholism;
- unstable personal life, family quarrels, recent broken relationships, betrayal or loss of a loved one;
- lack of work or housing, poverty, life instability, feeling hopeless;
- presence of serious chronic illness or death, the desire to relieve pain with alcohol;
- heavily genetic, with a tendency to alcoholism.
Methods to help the alcoholic return to a normal life
If you are persuading an alcoholic to take treatment, you should immediately follow the steps of your planned plan. Immediately after the patient's consent, you need to see your doctor by appointment so that the specialist can prescribe the necessary therapy in this situation. To eliminate a breakup, get rid of any alcohol in the house and also rule out possible encounters of drunks with old drinking friends.
On paper it goes pretty well, so don't think you'll be able to get treatment approval from your sloppy alcoholic husband on the first try. This is quite a difficult job that requires patience and somewhere is the cunning and ingenuity of the woman. But when you get results, your life will change dramatically, which will be a worthy reward for your efforts.
There are a number of clinics that can force patients to be hospitalized by court order. The treatment process itself is divided into several phases:
- Motivated conversations with a psychologist. In some cases, this can help the person become aware of the addiction and agree to voluntary treatment.
- Forced admission to the inpatient unit.
- The detoxification process.
- Rehabilitation (includes coding of medications, psychological support, hospitalization).
- Adapted to society. Supporting former alcoholics to find jobs, learn new occupations, and provide psychological support.
- Working with relatives. This includes explanatory chats, participation in self-help groups, personal consultation with a psychologist.
The best solution is to take the intoxicated person to a specialist specialist clinic where the treatment is required. The downside of this approach is keeping an alcoholic in the clinic for a long time, requiring a large financial investment. So a day in the hospital will be very expensive. Prices depend on the area and hospital class.
Another way is to put the patient in a mental health unit. This measure is considered extreme. You can only go to a psychiatric clinic when there is a decision by a court or a psychiatrist team (local specialists decide urgent need for hospitalization). In the second case, the presence of a police squad is imperative - they will record the presence of a real threat to the health of the patient or those around them.
Some believe it is possible to rape alcoholics at home. Various herbal decoctions are considered to be particularly effective - they reduce alcohol cravings.
This is one of the recipes. Taken in equal proportions (10 g each) the following components:
- Mother vegetables.
- Dried burdock root and sour tamarind.
Put the herbs in a glazed bowl, pour a glass of boiling water, then boil it in the water bath for 15 minutes. The obtained broth is filtered, drinking into many small portions during the day. It is not recommended to prepare a drink for future use - it must always be freshly brewed. If you want to secretly cure a person's intoxication, then you can add a small amount of the infusion to the alcoholic beverage.
You can also buy ready-made herbal blends. It is well known for these attributes:
- prevents the urge to drink;
- increases the protective functions of the body;
- stimulates the immune system;
- helps to detoxify, cleanse the liver.
This drink is especially convenient as it is brewed and drunk like a regular herbal tea in unlimited quantities all day.
If close people can influence alcoholics to undergo drug treatment and psychotherapy, it is important to decide what to do next. The main task now is to reinforce the motivation for a healthy lifestyle. Most addicts find themselves awake. Living properly is terrifying because alcoholics don't know what to do next and how to have fun from life. To help such a person, those close to you should:
- to believe that an alcoholic is a selfish person with weak will, a childish. Fulfilling the drunker's wishes just to keep him from drinking is a mistake. It is necessary to allow the patient to decide for himself, after which he can enjoy such an act;
- maintains the positive aspects of a sober life, convincing patients to write them down to support daily motivation;
- saves the patient from the usual social circle, which is better than moving to a new place;
- keeps the old drinker interested in a new hobby, don't let him have free time to contemplate a boring existence. To do this, change his job, bring him to hobby, sport.
Be consistent in your own campaigns and opinions.
- Shows examples of important people in an alcoholic society who quit this addiction.
- Consult with a psychotherapist and a self -ologist together.
- Adjust your personal place in home life from sacrifice or excessive control to the opposite.
Keep in mind that only the addicts' well-built motivation for treatment and a sober lifestyle will help convince patients to oblige treatment.